John 6:60 70 commentary
John 6:60 Commentaries: Therefore many of His disciples
- John 6:60. Many of his disciples — That is, of those who followed him as such; when they had heard this — Had heard the above discourse; said, This is a hard saying — A strange discourse, a doctrine difficult to be believed. Hard indeed it must have appeared, as it does still appear, to the children of the world, but sweet to the children of God
- John 6:60-70 THE PARTING OF THE WAYS. Note how often life is mentioned in this chapter, spiritual and everlasting life, verses 27, 33, 35, 40, 47, 48, 51, 54, 57, 58. And Jesus mentions the resurrection four times: 39, 40, 44, 54. He is yearning to give them life and, eventually, the resurrection of the body to everlasting life
- Adam Clarke Commentary. Verse John 6:70. Have not I chosen you twelve — Have I not, in an especial manner, called you to believe in my name, and chosen you to be my disciples and the propagators of my doctrine!Nevertheless, one of you is a devil, or accuser, enlisted on the side of Satan, who was a murderer from the beginning
- istry, where he confronts the twelve with the question, Will you also go away? This is a frequent phenomenon in our day also
- John 6:60 Parallel Verses [⇓ See commentary ⇓] John 6:60, NIV: On hearing it, many of his disciples said, 'This is a hard teaching.Who can accept it?' John 6:60, ESV: When many of his disciples heard it, they said, This is a hard saying; who can listen to it? John 6:60, KJV: Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it
We are going to look at John 6:60-71 and consider why these disciples are leaving and the warning it means for us so that we do not turn away from Jesus. Reaction of the False Disciples (6:60-66) Rather than inspecting their hearts and listening to Jesus' call for a life bound up in him, the disciples complain even more Commentary on John 6:60-65. (Read John 6:60-65) The human nature of Christ had not before been in heaven, but being God and man, that wondrous Person was truly said to have come down from heaven. The Messiah's kingdom was not of this world; and they were to understand by faith, what he had said of a spiritual living upon him, and his fulness John 6:60-69. Resume Prayer. Some thoughts on today's scripture. Active. Default 'This teaching is difficult; who can accept it?' I too sometimes find the Eucharist difficult to accept. My faith in the clear words of Jesus, and my experience of the consolation it gives me help me to believe. What looks like bread and wine, are the body and.
John 6:60-70 - PERICOP
- John 6 - The Bread from Heaven A. Preparation for the miracle. 1. (1-4) A crowd gathers to Jesus near the Sea of Galilee. After these things Jesus went over the Sea of Galilee, which is the Sea of Tiberias.Then a great multitude followed Him, because they saw His signs which He performed on those who were diseased
- John 6:70. and one of you is a devil? or like to one, is a deceiver, a liar, and a murderer, as the devil is from the beginning; all which Judas was, and appeared to be, in the betraying of his master. The Syriac, Persic, and Ethiopic versions read, is Satan; which name, if given to Peter, as it once was on a certain occasion, ( Matthew 16:23.
- John 6:60-70 New International Version (NIV) Many Disciples Desert Jesus. 60 On hearing it, many of his disciples said, This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it? 61 Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, Jesus said to them, Does this offend you? 62 Then what if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before! 63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing
- The Gospel of John - Lesson 17 - John 6:60-71. May 5, 2020 /. in Bible Studies, The Gospel of John / by Pastor Tobison. 60 When they heard it, many of his disciples said, This is a hard teaching! Who can listen to it? 61 But Jesus, knowing in himself that his disciples were grumbling about this, asked them, Does this cause you to.
John 6:70 - Verse-by-Verse Bible Commentary - StudyLight
- Commentary on John 6:56-69. Although Jesus' words I am the bread of life are familiar to many Christians, in this passage the disciples declare this to be a hard saying.. Jesus is teaching in the synagogue (John 6:69), where he is interpreting a passage of scripture that was introduced by the crowd in verse 31
- Browse Sermons on John 6:60-71. Find Top Church Sermons, Illustrations, and Preaching Slides on John 6:60-71
- John 6:66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; This. John 6:41,42 The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven John 8:4
- John 6:60-71. The following is submitted as an Analysis of the passage which is to be before us: 1. Many disciples offended at Christ's discourse: verse 60. 2. Christ's admonition: verses 61-65. 3. Many disciples leave Christ: verse 66
- istry resources in your account. It works everywhere you sign in, even with the mobile app! Sign In. Don't have an account? Register! | Expand chapter
To Whom shall We Go? John 6:60-71 RayStedman
- 60. This is a harsh saying. On the contrary, it was in their hearts, and not in the saying, that the harshness lay.But out of the word of God the reprobate are thus accustomed to form stones to dash themselves upon, and when, by their hardened obstinacy, they rush against Christ, they complain that his saying is harsh, which ought rather to have softened them
- John 6:60-70 - NIV: On hearing it, many of his disciples said, This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it? Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, Jesus said to them, Does this offend you John 6:60-70 Therefore many of His disciples, when they heard this, said, This is a hard saying; who can understand it
- John 6:60-70 English Standard Version (ESV) The Words of Eternal Life. 60 When many of his disciples heard it, they said, This is a hard saying; who can listen to it? 61 But Jesus, knowing in himself that his disciples were grumbling about this, said to them, Do you take offense at this? 62 Then what if you were to see the Son of Man ascending to where he was before? 63 It is the.
- John 6:60-70 - NIV: On hearing it, many of his disciples said, This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it? Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, Jesus said to them, Does this offend you
- John 6:65 Parallel Verses [⇓ See commentary ⇓] John 6:65, NIV: He went on to say, 'This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.' John 6:65, ESV: And he said, This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father. John 6:65, KJV: And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except.
- Jesus' reply to their grumbling (in 6:61-65) did not placate them (6:66): As a result of this many of His disciples withdrew and were not walking with Him anymore. Also, John twice (6:64, 70-71) mentions Judas, one of the twelve, who would soon betray Jesus
What does John 6:60 mean? - Online Bible Commentar
John 6, Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary on the Bible, One of over 110 Bible commentaries freely available, this one volume concise commentary provides a condensed look at nearly every verse in the Bibl John 6:44 No One Can Come to Me Unless. John 6:45-47 They Shall All Be Taught By God. John 6:48-53 I Am the Bread of Life. John 6:54-58 Eats My Flesh and Drinks My Blood. John 6:59-65 Synagogue of Capernaum. John 6:66-71 True Believers. John 6 Bible Study Questions (Handout) JOHN 6:1 1 After these things Jesus went away to the other side of the. Browse Sermons on John 6:60-69. Find Top Church Sermons, Illustrations, and Preaching Slides on John 6:60-69 John 6:60-70 The Words of Eternal Life 60 t When many of his disciples heard it, they said, This is a hard saying; who can listen to it? 61 But Jesus, v knowing in himself that his disciples were grumbling about this, said to them, Do you take offense at this ? 62 Then what if you were to see w the Son of Man x ascending to y where. Pentecost 14 Sept. 14, 2003 (Holy Cross Day) not celebrated) John 6: 60-69 This is a Hard Teaching, Who Can Accept It? Introduction: Two young parents take their ailing child to the Doctor. He in turn recommends test to determine what is causing the sickness. Months go by. Test after test is give
JOHN 6:60-62 60 Many of His disciples, having heard, said, This is a hard saying; who can listen to it? 61 But Jesus, knowing in Himself that His disciples were grumbling about this, said to them, Does this offend you? 62 Then what if you were to see the Son of Man ascending to where He was before Daily devotional with John Piper. Articles Messages Books Podcasts Filter Resources By Ask Pastor John. Questions and answers with John Piper. Look at the Book. Interactive Bible study with John Piper. Solid Joys. Daily devotional with John Piper. Most people in the world have no experience of lasting joy in their lives. We're on a mission to. 1. As Peter confessed in our text - Jn 6:68-69 2. He is the one who provides food which endures to everlasting life - Jn 6:27, 35, 40 3. He is the way, the truth and the life - Jn 14:6 4. Upon this One has God set His seal - Jn 6:27 a. I.e., confirmed Him to be the source of eternal life b. Through the miracles, and ultimately His. Scripture: John 6:1-29 Topic: The Person of Christ. Here is the main point: Jesus did not come into the world mainly to give bread, but to be bread. I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will not hunger. He who believes in me will never thirst ( John 6:35; he repeats himself in verses 48 and 51). He came into the world not to give.
John 6:60-71, Responding To The Bread of Life - West Palm
- Trust is a gift from the Father. I have told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted by the Father. The result of Jesus teaching is: many of his disciples turned back and no longer went about with him.. They cannot stomach his teaching, a moment of sorrow for him and for many of them. He has failed to carry them with him
- g the Children of God: John's Gospel and Radical Discipleship (New York: Maryknoll, 1994). Lincoln, Andrew T., Black's New Testament Commentary: The Gospel According to Saint John (London: Continuum, 2005
- John 6:60-70: SSSH - The Christian Life: A disciple is a lifelong learner of the teachings of someone else. Christians are called to a life o... Christian Traditions, Pt. 3: John 6:63: Bible Talk: This is the third in a series on church tradition and the Bible. Today's program focuses on the Lord... Life Through the Holy Spirit: John 6:63: SSSH.
- John 6:60-70: Many Disciples Abandon the Words of Eternal Life. 223 John 7:1-13: Jesus Goes up to Jerusalem for the Feast of Booths. 233 John 7:14-24: Jesus Teaches at the Feast23
- Praying through John 6:69. Heavenly Father, thank You that while I was still a sinner, and dead in trespasses and sins, Christ died for me. Thank You that You sought me out and convicted me of my sin and my need of a Saviour. Thank You that You are the living God, and that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Father
- Jesus Feeds the Five Thousand. 1After this Jesus went away to the other side of the Sea of Galilee, which is the Sea of Tiberias. 2And a large crowd was following him, because they saw the signs that he was doing on the sick. 3Jesus went up on the mountain, and there he sat down with his disciples. 4Now the Passover, the feast of the Jews, was.
- Hymns for John 6. < Hymns for John. The United Methodist Hymnal. 368: My Hope Is Built. 596: Blessed Jesus, at Thy Word. 600: Wonderful Words of Life. Baptist Hymnal 1991. 80: Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence. 323: Come, Ye Sinners, Poor and Needy
John 6 Bible Commentary - Matthew Henry (concise
- John 6:35-40 The Word of God . Jesus said to them, 'I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe. Everything that the Father gives me will come to me, and anyone who comes to me I will never drive away; for I.
- ds. This was not uncommon (cf. e.g., John 6:60-70), much of the proto-Christian community was fickle, at least until Pentecost. Positing different categories of his audience here is eisegesis
- John 6 is the sixth chapter of the Gospel of John in the New Testament of the Christian Bible.It records Jesus' miracles of feeding the five thousand and walking on water, the Bread of Life Discourse, popular rejection of his teaching and Peter's confession of faith. The final verses anticipate Jesus' betrayal by Judas Iscariot.. The author of the book containing this chapter is anonymous, but.
- ary, Ft. Wayne IN, and lecturer in Russia, Africa, and Kazakhstan adapted for theological education at a distance
- John 1:1 means that the Word shared the very nature and being of God, or as the NEB translates the phrase, what God was, the Word was. John wants us to read the whole Gospel in light of this verse. Realizing that Jesus shares the very nature of God (Col 1:19; 2:9) is the linchpin to understanding John's narrative. 8
- The Spirit gives life - the flesh has nothing to offer. Homily for the Twenty-First Sunday Year B. by Fr. Tommy Lane. Maria Goretti was born in 1890 in Italy, the daughter of Luigi and Assunta Goretti. Nine years later in 1899, her father Luigi began to work for a Count farmer south of Rome and made a deal with Mr. Serenelli that his family would share the same house with the Serenelli family.
John 21: 15- 23 - Spiritual Food - This is the famous passage where Jesus asks Peter three times do you love me? According to Craig S. Keener, The Gospel of John: A Commentary, vol. 2 (p. 1237): Clearly, Peter is an undershepherd, but he is to reflect Jesus' concern for his sheep more than a hireling would (10: 12-13). The point. Ray Stedman. 6,377 likes · 89 talking about this. My prayer for you is that with the eyes of your hearts you may come to know the hope to which He has called you, the riches of His glorious.. Paul appears to understand the term apostolos to include a wider group of apostles than the Twelve. While the term apostolos is not used, some scholars believe that the Seventy or Seventy-Two, mentioned in Luke 10:1-24, is an implied example of this wider group of apostles.However, these men could have been messengers preparing the towns that Jesus had planned to visit .edu is a platform for academics to share research papers
Linda Hutcheon-A Poetics of Postmodernism History, Theory, Fiction (1988 John 4:11-15 Living Water. John 4:16-19 Freed from Hidden Sin. John 4:20-24 True Spiritual Worship. John 4:25-30 Jesus, the Great Revealer. John 4:43-49 A Progression of Faith, Part 1. John 4:50-54 A Progression of Faith, Part 2. John 5:1-9a God's Grace for a Miserable Man Palabras de vida eterna - Juan 6:47-71. (Jn 6:47-59) De cierto, de cierto os digo: El que cree en mí, tiene vida eterna. Yo soy el pan de vida. Vuestros padres comieron el maná en el desierto, y murieron. Este es el pan que desciende del cielo, para que el que de él come, no muera. Yo soy el pan vivo que descendió del cielo; si alguno. (John 10:10a) Thank you, in advance, for your support, comments, love, and your prayers. Yes, we may have Jesus as Lord. (Romans 10:9-10) We have a heritage and a promise
Construction & Design. This bibliography covers a range of topics concerning the making of recorders, arranged under a number of useful headings. It will be of general interest to wind-instrument makers, repairers and players. However, the focus is largely on the literature of relevance to makers themselves. A more convenient and flexible way. in commentary 16 T our guides are willing to help 366 5.54 342 5.88 - 5.193*** 17 T our guides are accessible 366 5.48 342 5.77 - 3.214*
Opinions and statements made in letters are solely those of the individual writers. Mail your letters to The Sun, Letters to the Editor, 23170 Harborview Road, Charlotte Harbor, FL 33980, or email them to letters@ yoursun.com. Further questions, call 941-681-3003.PUBLISHER AND EDITOR Glen Nickerson COMMENTARY EDITOR John Hackworth PAGE 1 Gold Award Girl Scouts are our version of success stories Â success that comes from having the courage, conÂdence, and character. Â Jaime Estes, public relations and resource specialist, Girl Scouts of Gulfcoast Florida, Inc. Pulitzer-Prize winner John Hackworth is commentary editor of the Sun newspapers
John 6:60-69 Sacred Spac
Spanos Rare Old Books & Engravings, Auctions, Spanos Editions, Bibliophilia journal, Bookshop of the Booklovers. Established 192 revie ws and commentaries without any original . data on VWF or ADAMT S13 in COVID-19, and . single-case studies, 17 papers were identiﬁed . that reported on VWF in C OVID-19, 25-41 3 that Analisis Teologis: Pertama, frase mereka yang telah mendengarnya, tentu saja tidak terbatas hanya pada para rasul, karena ada banyak orang lain yang juga mendengarkan perkatan Yesus (Lukas 10:1 dan seterusnya; Yohanes 6:60-70; 1 Korintus 15:6). Kedua, pandangan sessasionisme diatas tidak mencerminkan maksud dari nas Ibrani 2:3-4 tersebut Season: Appeared in 52 gamesHelped John A. Logan to the Great Rivers Athletic Conference titleHit .406 with 76 hits, 60 runs scored, 67 RBIs and 24 walksReached base in 45 of 52 games. Aquatic macro-invertebrates play a vital role in the food chain of river ecosystem at several trophic guilds and consumer levels, and are used as biomonitoring tools for aquatic ecosystem health. However, hydrologic conditions of these ecosystems have been severely altered because of the increase in urban development and agricultural expansion. This study examined benthic invertebrate response.
(John A. Logan [IL] College) JUNIOR COLLEGE: Played two years at John A. Logan College in Carterville, Ill., where he was coached by Kyle Suprenaunt • Helped John A. Logan to consecutive. 23 II The National Medical Library John Shaw Billings begins to take care of the Books and Journals TO the Surgeon General's office in December 1864 was called a 27-year- old assistant surgeon, John Shaw Billings.1 Billings had joined the Army in 1861, a year and a half after receiving his degree from Medical College of Ohio Free essays, homework help, flashcards, research papers, book reports, term papers, history, science, politic John Balli Long lost twins? The student publica tions research team has delermined that no photos exi.st that contain BOT II Kenny At tal and Geor ge f\ l ichael. Far be it ror us tost1rt rumors but . Sean Mile1 Orientation gets under way with a round of Win, Lose, or Draw. Claudia Garcia Manlankes Left, Amy Brooks spends a quiet afternoon away.
Enduring Word Bible Commentary John Chapter
John 6:70 - Meaning and Commentary on Bible Vers
- John 6:60-70 NIV - Many Disciples Desert Jesus - On
- The Gospel of John - Lesson 17 - John 6:60-71 - Grace
- Commentary on John 6:56-69 - Working Preacher from Luther
Sermons on John 6:60-71 - SermonCentral
- John 6:60 On hearing it, many of His disciples said, This
- 24. Christ and His Disciples (John 6:60-71
- John 6:60-70 - Bible - Truth For Lif
- World Wide Study Bible John 6 - Christian Classics
- John 6:60 70 nlt — john 6:60-70 new living translation
- John 6:60-70 ESV - The Words of Eternal Life - When many
- John 6:60-70 - NIV Bible - On hearing it, many of his